Welcome to the April 2016 Monthly Subscription Box Review!
I currently subscribe to several monthly subscription boxes and am always getting asked which box is better or ultimately IS IT WORTH IT.
Therefore every month, I will be bringing you a summation of what I received in each box for the month and whether or not it is worth it.
Let’s start with a summary of my subscriptions
April 2016 Monthly Subscriptions
- DermOrganic Coconut Curl Cream ($18.22 @amazon)
- Hydracurls Reactivating sea mist ($14.99 @jonathanproduct.com)
- Blue Magic Coconut Oil Hair Conditioner ($2.69 @walgreens)
- Shealicious Shine Booster ($3 @amazon)
- Dark and Lovely Super softening hair butter ($8.99 @sallys)
- Creme of Nature Butter Licious Curls
- ORS Hair Mayonnaise
Summary: The total cost outweighs the cost of the box. I was a bit underwhelmed with this box. I’ve never tried the DermOrganics, but I pretty much have everything else in the box.
Verdict: NOT WORTH IT
- Design Essentials Almond & Avocado ($11.99 @sallys)
- Design Essentials Almond & Avocado ( ($11.99 @sallys)
- Design Essentials Almond & Avocado Leave In Conditioner ($12.99 @sallys)
- Design Essentials Naturals Curl Enhancing Mousse ($15.99 @sallys)
- Fusion 2-N-1 Bonnet and Sleep Mask ($9.99 @amerimark)
Summary: Total price is more than cost of box. Design Essentials almond avocado leave in is my STAPLE leave in conditioner. So although I already have all of these products, they will definitely get put to use. The bonnet is a new one though, to be able to wear a sleep mask and bonnet at the same time is interesting.
Verdict: WORTH IT
Essence Beauty Box ($15/month) – My subscription stopped for unknown reasons so I had to resubscribe. No box for April
- EM Cosmetics the great coverup concealer ($17 at EMcosmetics.com)
- Tarte Lipsurgence lip creme in wonder
- Juliette has a gun; not a perfume
- LAB Live and Breath Beauty Just blending in brush ($6.99 @lab2beauty.com)
- Moroccanoil Moroccanoil Treatment
Summary: As i’ve been getting more into makeup, I’ve been wanting to try different concealers. So I’m excited to try the EM Cosmetics concealer. And you can never have too many makeup brushes.
Verdict: WORTH IT
This concludes the April 2016 Monthly Subscription Box Roundup. Stay tuned for next month’s subscription box review.
Do you to subscribe to any boxes? Do you plan to subscribe after reading this post? Let me know down below in the comments
NOTE: This post contains affiliate links which means I may be compensated monetarily or in rewards points.